October 14, 2011

Pumpkin Cream Puffs


The other day I was thinking of new pumpkin recipes when I saw cream puffs in a cookbook, my head instantly began to work and I thought about making pumpkin cream puffs. The choux pastry gave them a sour taste and the cream inside was just suculent, it instantly reminded me of Halloween. I know that the original recipe calls for 4 eggs, but with egg yolks and milk it turned out really good ( I accidentally used egg yolks... for some strange reason )

- 150 gr. flour
- 500 ml. water
- 65 gr. butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 c. milk
- a pinch of salt and a pinch of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Pumpkin pie spice

1. In a medium pot add butter and water. While that's on the pot mix flour, salt, sugar and spices, when the water boils, immediately turn off the heat and add flour mixture. Stir until everything is completely mixed and put it again on medium heat until you can see the bottom of the pot. Remove and let it cool.


2. Add the egg yolks one by one alternating with milk stirring really good between each yolk. Let it cool completely and put the mixture in a pastry bag, then start making the puffs.



3. Put a little bit of water on the tip of your finger and smash a little bit the top of the puffs. Bake them at 350°C for 30 minutes or until the look golden brown.



3. With a knife open the in half and remove the soft dough on the inside. Make the filling by mixing 1 c. whipped cream, 2 tablespoons of pumpkin pure, 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice, 1 teaspoon of vanilla and 2 tablespoon of softened cream cheese. Put the mixture in a pastry bag and fill the puffs.



They are the perfect dessert for Halloween parties!




10 comments:

  1. oh my gosh those are so cute! and I like that they're tiny, not like the HUGE cream puffs they have at the State Fair over in Wisconsin - sadly, where I live, is known as the beer, cheese and cream puffs state...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hy Betty,
    this looooks sooooo delicious...super good cliks..
    first time here...love your space..
    wonderful presentation..
    Am your happy follower now..;)
    do stop by mine sometime..
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pumpkin have very nice children! ;D And so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just yesterday, I ordered peach-filled profiteroles at a restaurant and I told my friends that I NEEDED to learn how to make those pastry shells. I'd much rather have this pumpkin cream filling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun, original idea! Love the ridges on the shells.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy yummy! I love pumpkin flavored treats :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so creative! These really look amazing!! So glad you commented on my blog because I was able to find yours and I'm loving it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are gorgeous - all the little ridges are delightfully browned and texturally intriguing. But I do feel a tiny bit sad for the bits of dough removed from inside each puff - I hope they went to a good home :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Actually the dough inside is raw, it doesn't matter if you leave it but you won't have enough space for the filling and they will be more heavier but I was wondering if I could use it in something else, maybe I will come up with something!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comments! I love to read them :)